Please note: This is an upcoming product change that will not affect your account until September or October 2017. We will be rolling these updates out to our customers gradually over the coming months. Contact our support team for further information!
Granting Sensitive Information Privileges can be accomplished within your Team Settings page. In addition, you can easily audit all granted Sensitive Information Privileges for each member of your team at a glance within the “Sensitive Info Privileges” column on the Team Settings page.
- All: User has access to full Sensitive Information Privileges.
- Partial: User has access to some Sensitive Information. Exact details of what Sensitive Information they can view is listed in the column.
- None: User does not have any Sensitive Information Privileges.
- –: User is a Limited Team Member or Interviewer who cannot be granted any Sensitive Information Privileges.
Who can invite new users?
Super Admins and Admins can invite new users to Lever.
- Super Admins can invite users at any access role and grant Full, Partial, or No Sensitive Information Privileges to those users.
- Admins can invite users up to their access role (Admins, Team Members, Limited Team Members, or Interviewers). Admins with Full Sensitive Information Privileges can grant Sensitive Information Privileges to the users that they invite.
How do I invite a new user?
Begin on the Team Settings page and click the blue “Add new user” button in the upper right hand corner.
Add the new user’s email address and name. Link the new user to their hired candidate profile (here’s further information on that). Then, click the blue “Next step” button on the lower right hand corner of the pop-up.
On the next screen, you’ll have the opportunity to choose the Access Role of the new user that you’re inviting to your Lever account. Only Team Members, Admins, and Super Admins can be granted Sensitive Information Privileges.
- Super Admins will always have access to all Sensitive Information within your account.
- Admins can be granted access to Full, Partial, or No Sensitive Information.
- Team Members can be granted access to Partial or No Sensitive Information.
If granting an Admin or Team Member access to Partial Sensitive Information Privileges, you’ll then be prompted to select exactly which Sensitive Information this user should have access to. You can give users access to Sensitive Information for one or multiple of the following categories of information in Lever:
- Job posting
Note: You can always return to the Team Settings page to modify an existing user’s Sensitive Information Privileges at a later date and time when necessary.
After selecting exactly what Sensitive Information the new user should have access to, click the blue “Invite user” button to invite the user to their Lever account.
How do I edit an existing user?
Editing an existing user’s Sensitive Information Privileges can be accomplished within the Team Settings page. Click on an existing user and click the blue “Next steps” button on the first screen.
On the next screen, you’ll have the opportunity to edit the Access Role of the existing user. You will also have the opportunity to grant Sensitive Information Privileges. Only Team Members, Admins, and Super Admins can be granted Sensitive Information Privileges. Please see the “How do I invite a new user?” section above for further details.
What happens if I change a user’s Sensitive Information Privileges?
Sensitive Information Privileges are dynamic. After your Sensitive Information Privileges launch date, as soon as changes to a user's Privileges are saved, they will take effect immediately, thus granting or removing specific Sensitive objects that users have access to. For further information about what data is considered Sensitive within a candidate’s profile, read on here.