|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member|
|Permissions||• Create and edit postings|
|Packages||Lever Basic, LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
On your job postings, you may want to ask candidates for information that you deem to be sensitive. In order to protect your candidates' privacy, you can choose to automatically mark any responses to a specific custom application questions as "secret" so they can only be viewed by those the necessary permissions and/or Sensitive Information Privileges. For general information on this topic, refer to our help article on custom application questions.
To configure responses to custom application questions as secret:
- Navigate to the Jobs page via the platform header and either create a new posting or open an existing posting
- In the posting editor, scroll to the section titled 'Add custom questions to application'
- Click Add custom questions and select + Create application questions or an existing question
- In the custom question form editor, click the toggle beneath the title field to make all candidate responses to the questions in the form secret by default
- Once you have finished adding/editing all questions in the form, click the Save Changes button.
How questions with secret responses appear to candidates
Questions with secret responses and regular responses appear the same to candidates on the application form.
How questions with secret responses appear to Lever users
Super Admins, Admins, as well as users with Sensitive Information Privileges will be able to see responses to custom application questions configured to be secret by default. The screenshot below shows an example in which the response is secret for "1 job", which is the job for which the candidate applied. Anyone who can view the profile and has access to view Sensitive Information on all candidates or Sensitive Information for that particular posting can view this information. For more information on user access, refer to our help article on Sensitive Information Privileges.
Secret application response as it appears to users with Sensitive Information Privileges.
To make the answer visible, click three dots next to the response and choose Make visible from the dropdown edit menu. This will reveal the answer to anyone who has access to the candidate profile.