On your job postings, you may want to ask candidates for information that you deem is sensitive. In order to protect your candidates' privacy, you can choose to automatically make any responses to a particular application question "secret".
Get started by navigating to your Job Postings home page.
1. Choose the posting that you would like to add this custom question to.
2. Scroll down to the "Add custom questions to application "section and click “Add Custom Questions”.
3. Select "Add New Form" from the dropdown menu.
4. On the form editor, check the checkbox next to "Responses are made secret by default".
5. Input whatever questions you would like. Responses to any of the questions in this form will be made secret.
6. Save your changes, and you're set.
What will the candidate see?
Nothing at all! They won't know the difference when they are filling out the application.
What will someone with a Lever account see?
It depends on your access role! If you have Super Admin or Admin access, then you will be able to see the secret answer on the candidate profile:
(view from a user with Super Admin access)
You can also make the answer visible / not secret by clicking on the lock icon. This will reveal the answer to anyone who has access to the candidate profile.
Tip: If you ever need to delete a custom question form, send us a note, and we'd be happy to take care of that for you!