|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member|
|Permissions||• Manage Easy Book links|
|Packages||Lever Basic, LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
Easy Book links allow candidates to book calls directly on a Lever user's calendar based on that user's availability, giving them the widest array of scheduling options from which to select. Through the use of Easy Book links, recruiters can economize the time they spend connecting with candidates for 1-on-1 interviews such as phone screens and offer reviews. Note: Easy Book links cannot be used in Lever accounts synced to an on-premise Exchange server. If you are not sure about your company’s server configuration, reach out to your IT team or contact Lever Support.
How Easy Book links work
An Easy Book link is a unique URL that can be inserted into emails sent to candidates. When the recipient clicks the link, they will see a list of available time slots from which they can select to schedule a 1-on-1 call with a recruiter. The availabilities shown to the candidate are reflective of the calendar(s) belonging to the interviewers associated with the Easy Book link that have been synced to Lever. When a candidate selects an available time slot, the interview event will appear on the calendar of the highest-ranked interviewer with availability at that time. A calendar event for the interview will also be sent to the recipient. If the link has been configured to schedule video calls (over Zoom, Teams, or Google Meet), a video conference link will be included in the interview event that appears on the calendar. Interviewer ranking and call type are configured during link setup (see below). Easy Book links are unique to individual Lever users' accounts and cannot be shared. In addition, Easy Book links cannot be used to book an interaction between a candidate and multiple interviewers.
Creating Easy Book links
To create an Easy Book link
- Navigate to Settings > Easy Book links
- Click the + Add New Link button
In the Easy Book link editor, fill out the required fields. Below is breakdown of each field:
- Link name
- The name you give to the Easy Book link should be descriptive and indicate the type of interaction that the link should be used to schedule (e.g. "UX Designer - Phone Screen - Manager"). The name you give to the link is not visible to recipients of the link.
- Interview length
- The duration of interviews booked via the link. Note: the interview length that you select will dictate the fixed increments of time into which our calendar is broken down when candidates are presented with available time slots. For example, if you were to configure an interview length of 45 minutes, each day's availability would be broken down into 45 minute time slots from midnight to midnight.
- Feedback form
- The feedback form that will be attached to the generated interview event, to be filled out by the interviewer. To learn more, refer to our help article on feedback forms.
- Event name
- The name of the event that will appear on both the candidate's and interviewer's calendars.
- Interview type
- Select the medium in which the interview will take place - a phone call, a video call, or a meeting at a physical or virtual location. Video call options will depend on your account's synced email provider (GSuite or Office 365) and enabled integrations (Zoom). If the 'Phone' type is selected, the candidate will be prompted to provide their phone number when scheduling the interview (if it is not already recorded in Lever), which will appear on the generated interview event. If a video call type is selected (Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams), the video conference link will appear on the generated interview event. If the 'Location' type is selected, the address or link that you input in the location field will be listed on the generated interview event.
- The description of the event that will appear on both the candidate's and interviewer's calendars.
- Select an interviewer from the drop-down menu (typically you will be selecting yourself). Configure the days and times in which the Easy Book link will pull from the interviewer's synced calendar. Candidates that open the Easy Book link will be shown availabilities within these timeframes. Time slots that overlap with existing "Busy" events on the interviewer's calendar to which the interviewer has RSVPed 'Yes' or 'Maybe' will not appear as available time slots for candidates to select. Time slots that overlap with existing events on the interviewer's calendar to which the interview has RSVPed 'No' will show up as available for candidates to select. Note that in Gmail, the 'Events from Gmail' event type must be set to 'Calendar default' privacy to be compatible with Easy Book links. Full details are available in the FAQ section at the bottom of this article.
- If an event is cancelled and removed from your calendar prior to a candidate opening the Easy Book link, the previously reserved time slots will appear as available. Interviewers must have synced their calendar with Lever. While it is possible to save an Easy Book that is associated with interviewers that have not synced their calendar with Lever, candidates will see an error when they open an Easy Book link if none of the associated interviewers have synced their calendar with Lever.
- Additional interviewers
- Easy Book links allow you to associate more than one interviewer with a single link. When adding additional interviewers, the rules for selecting an interviewer and defining available timeframes are the same as described above. When a candidate opens an Easy Book link with multiple associated interviewers, they see availabilities reflective of all interviewer's calendars. If the candidate selects a time slot in which more than one interviewer is available, the highest-ranked interviewer will receive the booking. The ability to associate multiple interviewers with a single Easy Book link is designed to facilitate flexibility, by allowing a recruiter's teammates to step in if a candidate selects a time at which they are unavailable. Keep in mind that although you can associate multiple interviewers with a single Easy Book link, the scheduled interview will only ever be between the candidate and a single interviewer.
- Link settings
Add events to calendar
Configure the calendar to which the events generated via the Easy Book link are scheduled. When an interview is scheduled via an Easy Book link, two calendar events are generated on the calendar selected in this field. The first includes the candidate as a guest and comes from the user that sent the Easy Book link. The second event only lists the interviewer as a guest. Typically, you will select your own calendar in this field. If you are creating an Easy Book link that is meant to be used to schedule events for an interviewer other than yourself, select their calendar from this menu. Note that you must have permission to add events directly to the selected calendar in either GSuite or Office 365.
The number of days following the sending of the link after which it becomes inactive.
Offered time range
The number of days in the future for which availability is shown to the candidate, relative to the date they open the Easy Book link.
Minimum scheduling notice
The earliest time slot a candidate can select based on the availability of the interviewer(s), relative to the date they open the Easy Book link.
Once you filled out all required fields, you can preview how the link will appear to candidates by clicking the ⋯ button at the top of the editor and selecting Preview.
When you are satisfied with the configuration, click the Save Link button.
Editing and deleting Easy Book links
To make changes to the configuration of an Easy Book link:
- Navigate to Settings > Easy Book links
- Select the Easy Book link you wish to edit
In the Easy Book link editor, make edits to the necessary fields and click the Save Changes button. Any edits made to an Easy Book link made after the link has been sent to a candidate (but has yet to be opened) will be reflected when the candidate eventually opens the link.
To delete an Easy Book link, click the ⋯ button at the top of the editor and select Delete. Unopened Easy Book links that are deleted after they have been sent will appear to the candidate as inactive if/when they click the link.
Sending Easy Book links to candidates
Easy Book links can be inserted as auto-text tokens into emails that you send to candidates via Lever. To insert an Easy Book link to an email:
- Open an email draft to a candidate in Lever
- Click the Easy Book link menu in the email composition window and select the Easy Book link that you wish to send to the candidate. The Easy Book link will appear at the location of your cursor in the email body field.
The URL for the inserted Easy Book link will be unique for the candidate to which the email is being sent and only they will be able to open the link.
||To make your outreach even more efficient, try embedding Easy Book links in your personal email templates. Note that since Easy Book links are unique to an individual user's account, they cannot be used in team email templates. To learn more, refer to our help article on email templates.|
For candidates with opportunities in the 'Interview' section of the pipeline, once they have been sent an Easy Book link, the call-to-action button on their opportunity will read as "Scheduling."
Candidate's opportunity in the 'Interview' section of the pipeline after they have been sent an Easy Book link
Profile of a candidate that has been sent an active Easy Book link
If an Easy Book link that has been sent to a candidate has expired, it will be reflected on the call-to-action button in the pipeline view, as well as on their opportunity profile.
Candidate's opportunity as it appears in the pipeline after the Easy Book link they have been sent has expired
Profile of a candidate after the Easy Book they were sent has expired
Sending Easy Book links on behalf of other users
In order for any Easy Book link to function correctly, it must be sent from the Lever account of the user that created it. If an Easy Book link is sent by anyone other than the user that created it, the candidate will see the following error message when they open the link:
Nonetheless, it is still possible to send Easy Books links that allow candidates to book time with someone other than the person that sent the link. To do this, the person the user with which time is booked must be the top-ranked interviewer under the 'Interviewers' heading when the Easy Book link is configured (see the above section on 'Creating Easy Book links'). This type of configuration is commonly used by recruiters to send links to their candidates that the candidates can then use to book time with a hiring manager. If you are considering creating an Easy Book link of this nature, keep in mind the following restrictions:
- The interviewer's calendar must be synced with Lever
- The creator of the Easy Book link is the one to configure the timeframes within which the Easy Book link will show availabilities on the interviewer's calendar
- If you are creating an Easy Book link that you intend to send to candidates so they can book time with someone other than yourself, we recommend conferring with that person first to ensure they agree to the availability timeframes that you configure for the link.
- Regardless of the set timeframes, the Easy Book link will not show any calendar events that intersect with events on the interviewer's calendar to which they have RSVPed 'Yes' or 'Maybe'.
- Both calendar events generated via the Easy Book link - the event with the candidate and the event with only the interviewer - will be created on the calendar selected in the 'Add events to calendar' field under the 'Link settings' heading in the Easy Book link editor. If you wish for the interviewer to be able to see the calendar event with the candidate, be sure to select the interviewer's email address in this field (otherwise, they will only see the event with themselves as the interviewer on their calendar). Note that you must have permission to add events directly to the selected calendar in either GSuite or Office 365.
Scheduling an interview via an Easy Book link as a candidate
When a candidate clicks an Easy Book link, they will be required to input the email address associated with their candidate profile in Lever.
Once they have input a matching email address, they will be able to make a selection from the list of available time slots. Time slots are reflective of the time zone to which the internal clock of the interviewer's computer was set at the time that they created the Easy Book link. Candidates can modify the timezone by using the menu above the availability table.
If the interview type configured for the Easy Book link is 'Phone' and there is no phone number associated with the candidate's profile in Lever, they will be required to input their phone number before they can proceed. If a phone number for the candidate already exists in Lever, this field will be pre-populated with that phone number.
When the candidate confirms the booking, they will receive a calendar invitation to the interview event via email.
Booking confirmation screen for an interview scheduled via an Easy Book link
Google calendar event sent to a candidate after scheduling an interview via an Easy Book link
In Lever, their opportunity profile will automatically update to reflect the scheduled interview.
Frequently asked questions about Easy Book links
When you configure the interview length for interviews scheduled via an Easy Book link, each calendar day is broken down into corresponding increments of time. For example, if you were to set an interview length of 45 minutes, each calendar day would be broken down into 45 minute time slots from midnight to midnight. The first time slot would be 12:00 AM, the next 12:45 AM, the next 1:30 AM, and so on. Bear in mind that candidates only see time slots that fall within the interviewer's availability, at times where they have no conflicting events on their calendar. Continuing with the previous example, if an interviewer configures their availability for their Easy Book link to be between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM and they have no conflict events within that period, the time slots shown to the candidate would be the 8:15 AM, 9:00 AM, 9:45 AM, 10:30 AM, and 11:15 AM. Consider a scenario where a 30-minute (non-interview) meeting is booked on the interviewer's calendar at 8:45 AM. In this case, the 8:15 AM and 9:00 AM slots would no longer appear to candidates using the Easy Book link, as the 8:45 AM meeting would conflict with both adjacent interview slots. Given the fixed structure of time slot increments based on interview length, it is possible for fewer interview slots to appear than there is literal time available on the interviewer's calendar.
Easy Book link will not show any calendar events that intersect with events on your calendar to which you have RSVPed 'Yes' or 'Maybe'. If you are seeing interview slots showing when you are not available on your Google calendar, check if they are a 'Events from Gmail' event type. In your Google Calendar settings, if 'Events from Gmail' visibility is set to Only me or Private, they will be ignored by the Easy Book link. Update your events from Gmail to 'Calendar default' visibility. For full information on events from Gmail settings refer to Google's help article on managing your events from Gmail.
No. Any interviews scheduled via Easy Book links are publicly visible to anyone with access to the interviewer's calendar upon generation. Once an interview has been generated via an Easy Book link, users with edit access to the opportunity associated with the interview can manually mark the interview as private by navigating to the opportunity, clicking the Reschedule button, and selecting the 'Set as Private Event' checkbox in the scheduler.