|Available for||User roles||All users. Can only be configured by Super Admins.|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
Lever’s HackerRank CodePair integration allows recruiters and coordinators to quickly and easily generate CodePair assessments to gauge a candidate’s coding and problem solving abilities. Readers of this article will be able to:
In order to use this integration, you must have CodePair account and a Recruitment license with HackerRank. Development licenses do not support this integration.
Enabling the HackerRank CodePair integration
||The following setup steps can only be completed by a user with Super Admin access in Lever.|
Step 1: Generate an API key in Lever
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API, scroll to the Assessments section, and click the HackerRank CodePair toggle.
- Click the Generate New Key button and copy the key that appears. This key is unique and will not be retrievable once you navigate away from this page.
Step 2: Generate a webhook signature token in Lever
- Navigate to the Webhooks tab from the top of the Integrations and API page.
- Click + Add webhook under the Candidate Stage Change toggle and copy the signature token.
Step 3: Configure the integration in HackerRank
- In HackerRank, navigate to Settings > API Access.
- Scroll to the Lever heading on the API Access page and paste the API key and webhook signature token that you copied from Lever into the respective fields.
- HackerRank will generate a webhook URL. Copy this webhook URL and return to Lever.
Step 4: Activate the integration in Lever
- Navigate back to the Webhooks tab in the Integrations and API section of your Settings and paste the HackerRank CodePair webhook URL into the field beneath the Candidate Stage Change toggle (the same tile from which you first copied the Lever signature token).
- Flip the Candidate Stage Change toggle to the 'On' position. The toggle will turn green to indicate it has been activated.
Linking CodePair assessments to candidate interviews
The HackerRank CodePair integration will look for opportunities with the 'HackerRank CodePair’ tag applied to them. To add the tag to an opportunity, you just need to navigate to the opportunity profile, and add the tag under the in the Add Tag field. Once the tag is added, the next time the opportunity undergoes a stage change, a link with the HackerRank icon will be generated under Links section of the profile. Candidates must have a name and an email for the link to be added.It may take a short while for the CodePair creation link to appear.
You can also add the tag to a job posting so that the tag is automatically applied to opportunities associated with candidates who apply to that job. This is useful if you use HackerRank to assess all applicants to a given posting. New candidates who apply will have an assessment link created for them immediately. To do this, navigate to your Jobs tab, and select the posting to which you would like to add the tag. In the posting editor, add the 'HackerRank CoderPair' tag under the Tags field. All subsequent applicants to this posting will automatically have the tag applied to their profile.
Once a user clicks on the CoderPad creation link, they will be brought to HackerRank where they can create a CodePair interview.
Once created, HackerRank will add an 'Interview URL’ and 'Report URL’ to the Links section of the opportunity profile.
Additionally, the interviewer and candidate will each receive invitations to take the CodePair assessment.