The steps below describe the general publishing process. If this is your first time publishing, you might publish as a test first, and work out any glitches before you let other users know the workbook is ready for them.
- In Tableau Desktop Professional, open the workbook you want to publish, or create a new one and add some data to the view.
- Select Server > Publish Workbook.
- If the Publish Workbook option does not appear on the Server menu, make sure a worksheet or dashboard tab is active (not the Data Source tab).
- If necessary, complete the process to sign in to the server. Instructions on signing into the Lever Talent Intelligence server via Tableau Desktop Professional can be found here.
- In the Publish Workbook dialog box, select the project, enter a name for the workbook, and add search tags.
- For Data Sources, select Edit if you want to change the method shown for how people to access the underlying data your workbook connects to, or for how to publish the data (embedded in workbook or published separately).
- If you’re publishing an extract, and you want to set up a refresh schedule, you must select Embed password or Allow refresh access, depending on whether your underlying data is on-premises or in the cloud.
- If your workbook connects to a Tableau data source, we recommend embedding the password. This is the default option if you are publishing one of the workbook’s connections separately. Selecting Prompt users requires additional permissions on the Tableau data source.