|Available for||User roles||Super Admins|
|Packages||Select Lever packages|
Never forget an upcoming interview with Lever’s Slack notifications. Easily configure interview alerts to be sent directly to your Slack account 10 minutes before an interview.
How to enable interview alerts
Setup couldn’t be easier. Here’s how to enable the integration in less than a minute (you must be a Super Admin!):
- Go to Lever’s integrations settings page.
- Hover over the Slack banner and click "Edit" to open the settings panel.
- Click on the "Add to Slack" button.
(If you had previously enabled the Slack integration, make sure to read the section at the bottom of the page.)
Slack notifications can be enabled for users with any access role (Super Admins, Admins, Team Members, Limited Team Members and Interviewers).
To enable Slack interview alerts, each user must navigate to their Account Settings page and tick the ‘Interview reminders’ box under Slack notifications.
Users with the Interviewer access role can access their account settings page by clicking on the email address tab built into their Avatar menu in the upper right-hand corner.
How do Slack notifications work?
Slack notifications will be sent via direct message from a Lever Slack Bot. These messages will go out 10 minutes before the interview is scheduled to begin and will include the following information:
- Name of candidate and link to the interviewer's feedback form (which displays the resume)
- Name of feedback form
- Time of interview
- Location of interview
- Contact information for the candidate
- Link to the interviewer's feedback form instructions (which displays the resume)
To view the candidate’s interview instructions, simply click on "Resume and Interview Info" from within the Slack notification. You will be redirected to Lever, where you can view additional candidate information.
What if I already had the Slack integration enabled when Lever released interview alerts?
Glad to see that you're a long-time Slack/Lever user! There are a few things to note:
- You will need to re-add your Slack channels to Lever and can do so by selecting from the "Add Slack Channel" drop-down menu.
- Private channels and private message groups will not appear in this list by default. To add them back, please explicitly invite the Lever Slack Bot to the private channel or private message group. Here's how to do that:
- Head to the private Slack channel or private message group that you'd like added to Lever. And then invite the Lever Bot to the group by typing "/invite @lever" into the message box. Alternatively, you can @mention the bot within a message to the private channel.
- Then return to the Slack integration panel and hit the "Sync Slack Channels" button.
- The private channel will now appear in the list of available Slack Channels, and you can enable/disable them in the same way that you do for the public channels.