As an official Sapling partner, Lever makes it easy to automatically push hired candidate information into Sapling to begin the onboarding process.
Sapling provides a co-branded new-hire portal, automates onboarding workflows and empowers managers with objective-based roadmaps that support new hire success. Once set-up, Account Owner or Admin users within Sapling will receive a 'Pending Hire' notification when a candidate is marked as 'Hired' in Lever.
Enable this integration in Lever
To enable this integration, you'll need to be a Super Admin of your Lever account.
- Navigate to your account's Integrations page in Settings. Toggle on the integration.
- Click the toggle next to Sapling's logo.
- Generate an API key for Sapling. You'll be able to see exactly which actions the integration with Sapling will authorize.
Grab the newly generated API key from Lever:
Navigate to Sapling's secure integrations page.
- Add the API key to Sapling's secure integrations page.
- You'll also need to generate a Webhook token for candidate stage changes within Lever here, so that your candidates can be pushed from Lever to Sapling upon hire. This webhook token can then be added to Sapling. Switch on the ‘Candidate hired’ toggle and click ‘Add webhook’. The address for your webhook should be: [yourcompanyname].saplingapp.io/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/lever Example: rocketship.saplingapp.io/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/lever
- You’ll also need to generate a Lever Signature Token on the Webhooks tab and add it to Sapling.
- When a candidate profile in Lever has been marked as ‘Hired’, the integration sends the new hire data to Sapling.
As an Account Owner or Admin user of Sapling, you will receive a 'Pending Hire' notification. From the Pending Hires Menu, you can select which employee you would like to onboard.
How does Sapling onboard the new hire?
When you select the 'Pending Hire’ in Sapling, the following pieces of information will be sent from Lever into the Sapling employee onboarding sequence:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Personal Email
- Location (`Location' in the Lever Job Posting)
- Employee Type (`Commitment` in the Lever Job Posting)
- Team (`Team`in the Job Posting)
Drop us a note if any questions come to mind. We're always happy to help setup your Sapling integration!