|Available for||User roles||Super Admins|
Sapling’s Onboarding and HRIS platform helps mid-sized companies automate and elevate their employee experience. As an official Sapling partner, Lever makes it easy to automatically push hired candidate information into Sapling to begin their employee experience.
Once set up, Sapling Admin users will receive a “Pending Hire” notification when a candidate is marked as “Hired” in Lever.
Enable this integration in Lever
To enable this integration, you’ll need to be a Super Admin of your Lever account.
- Navigate to your account’s integration settings page. Toggle on the integration.
- Click the toggle next to Sapling’s logo.
- Generate an API key for Sapling. You’ll be able to see exactly which actions the integration with Sapling will authorize.
- Grab the newly generated API key from Lever.
- Navigate to Sapling’s secure integrations page.
- Add the API key to Sapling’s secure integrations page.
- You’ll also need to generate a webhook token for candidate stage changes within Lever here, so that your candidates can be pushed from Lever to Sapling upon hire. This webhook token can then be added to Sapling. Switch on the ‘Candidate hired’ toggle and click ‘Add webhook’. The address for your webhook should be: [yourcompanyname].saplingapp.io/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/lever Example: rocketship.saplingapp.io/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/lever
- You’ll also need to generate a Lever Signature Token on the Webhooks tab and add it to Sapling.
- When a candidate profile in Lever has been marked as “Hired”, the integration sends the new hire data to Sapling.
- As a Sapling Admin user, you can receive a “Pending Hire” notification if you’re subscribed in your Sapling Admin settings. From the Pending Hires menu, you can select which employee you would like to onboard.
How does Sapling onboard new hires to their platform?
When you select the “Pending Hire” in Sapling, the following pieces of information will be sent from Lever into the Sapling employee onboarding sequence:
- First name
- Last name
Job posting information:
- Hiring manager
- Anticipated start date
- Offered compensation amount
- Compensation currency
You will also have the option to import several other important pieces of information including:
- Profile forms/form fields
- Resumes (Sapling stores these on the documents page of the employee)
- Referrals (who referred the candidate to your company)
- Source tags (tracking where employees came from)
Drop us a note if any questions come to mind. We’re always happy to help set up your Sapling integration!