|Available for||Roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be enabled by Super Admins
|Permissions||• (To enable) Manage API credentials and manage integrations
• (To use) Manage profiles and view associated postings
|Packages||LeverTRM, LeverTRM for Enterprise|
Sapling’s Onboarding and HRIS platform helps mid-sized companies automate and elevate their employee experience. As an official Sapling partner, Lever makes it easy to automatically push hired candidate information into Sapling to begin their employee experience.
How the Sapling integration works
Once the integration has been set up, Sapling Admin users will receive a “Pending Hire” notification when a candidate is marked as “Hired” in Lever. Refer to the infographic below to understand the workflows involved in the integration.
Setting up the Sapling integration
The following video walks you through how to set up the integration between Lever and Sapling.
Data flow overview
The following video demonstrates how data moves to Sapling when you marked a candidate as hired in Lever.
Read on for step-by-step instructions for setting up the integration.
Step 1: Confirm your Company Settings in Lever
- Navigate to Settings > Company
- Ensure your 'Departments/Teams', 'Locations', and 'Work Types' in Lever match your 'Departments', 'Locations', and 'Employment Statuses' in Sapling respectively
Step 2: Enable the Sapling Integration in Lever
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API and scroll to the 'HRIS and Onboarding' section
- Click to move the Sapling integration toggle to the on position
- Scroll down and click the Generate new key button
- Click Copy and then Done
- Save the newly-generated API key to a secure place as you will need it for Step 4 in the setup process
Step 3: Setup the webhook in Lever
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks
- Click Add webhook beneath the 'Candidate Hired' webhook toggle (make sure the toggle is in the on position)
- Copy and paste the following webhook address into the Lever webhook address field: domain.saplingapp.io/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/lever
- Replace "domain" in the webhook URL with your own Sapling domain; your Sapling domain is the first part of your Sapling URL
- Copy the signature token from your Lever webhook and save it to a secure location as you will need it for Step 4 in the setup process
Step 4: Enable the Lever Integration in Sapling
- In Sapling, navigate to Integrations > Applicant Tracking System > Lever
- Input the API key and signature token retrieved from Lever in Steps 2 and 3 (described above)
- Click Next
Configuring the Sapling integration
Once you have setup the Sapling integration, you will need to configure the fields that you would like to map from Lever to Sapling. There are five default fields that can be mapped from Lever to Sapling when configuring the integration:
- Job Title
- Start Date
Select the corresponding Lever field from the dropdown, or select None.
Sapling integration fields
Kallidus is continually expanding the number of fields that sync between Lever and Sapling. Here is a full list of the Lever to Sapling Integration fields:
By default, Sapling will always import the following candidate and posting details:
- Candidate details (no mapping required):
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Posting details (as previously mapped):
- Hiring Manager
- Referral/Source Information:
- Tracking who referred/sourced the candidate
Offer fields are set up in Lever and are related to the candidate offer. Most offer fields can be synced as long as the field name, field type, and options match. For example, adding “Salary” to both Lever and Sapling will import the Salary field into Sapling. When mapping Lever offer fields to Sapling, you will need to add the field in Sapling under 'Profile Setup'. Commonly used offer fields are:
- Offered compensation amount
- Compensation currency
- Type of earnings
- Anticipated start date
- Offered equity
- Work authorization status
- Employment status of the job
Requisition Fields are set up in Lever and are related to the posting's requisition. Most Requisition fields can be synced as long as the field name, field type, and options match. For example, adding “Backfill” to both Lever and Sapling will import the Backfill field into Sapling. When mapping Lever requisition fields to Sapling, you will need to add the field in Sapling under 'Profile Setup' and specify which Lever requisition field it is for.
||In order to use requisitions in Lever, you must have the LeverTRM for Enterprise package or the Advanced HR add-on.|
Considerations for integration management
Field name, types, and options in Lever and Sapling
For fields to sync correctly, ensure that the field names, types, and options matched between Lever and Sapling. For example, if you select 'Option A' from a dropdown field in Lever, you need to ensure that 'Option A' is a value available in the corresponding Sapling field in order for the field to sync. Below you will a guide for matching Lever and Sapling field types:
|Lever field type||Sapling field type||Notes|
|Currency||Currency||When using only a single currency in Lever|
|Currency||Number||When using multiple currencies in Lever|
|Dropdown||Multiple choice question|
|Text (single line)||Short/long text||Long text is ideal to avoid max character limit|
|Text area||Short/long text||Long text is ideal to avoid max character limit|
The address for your webhook should be: [yourcompanyname].saplingapp.io/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/lever
Start dates management
The start date imported into Sapling is the hired date unless you match the start date to another field in your configuration (see above).
Managing multiple instances
You can have leveraged multiple Lever instances that can send candidate data to Sapling. This can be configured directly under the integration page in Sapling.
Resending candidates management
There are two ways to resend a candidate to Sapling:
- In Lever, un-hire the candidate and then re-hired the candidate
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Webhooks, scroll down to 'Recent webhook deliveries', locate the correct webhook for that candidate and click RERUN.
Confidential postings, opportunities, or requisitions management
By default, information associated with confidential postings, opportunities, or requisitions will be excluded from the access granted by the Lever API credential. If you wish for the generated API key to grant access to confidential information in your Lever environment, move the 'Allow access to confidential data' toggle to the on position."
Disabling the Sapling integration
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API and scroll to the 'HRIS and Onboarding' heading
- Click to expand the Sapling integration tile and click Revoke next to the access key
- In the modal that appears, click the Revoke & Disable Sapling button