|Available for||User roles||Super Admins, Admins, Team Members, Limited Team Members|
|Plans||Customers with Lever's Nurture product.|
Please note: In the coming months, we will be migrating all existing customers to our updated user interface and data model. Because of this, you may be viewing a help article that is not applicable to the version of Lever you are using! If your team began using Lever after July 15th, 2019, if you manage "opportunities" in Lever, or if the screenshots below do not match what you see in your account, please visit this article for information that is most applicable to you.
Please note - this feature is currently available to customers with Lever's Nurture product. For more information, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Read this article if you are looking to send a Nurture campaign to a single lead.)
Before you start a Nurture campaign, we recommend reviewing the following articles:
Under the New Lead stage, check all candidates who you want to include in a Nurture campaign. Click the multiple messages icon to begin setting up the campaign.
Select a Nurture template. This will serve as a framework for your scheduled email reach outs.
You will be taken to the first Build step. Here, you will see the selected Nurture template that will be applied to all of your candidates (you will be able to tailor this template to individual candidates in the next step).
You can edit the Nurture template in the following ways:
- Editing the start step, which defines when your initial touchpoint will be sent for all candidates. Click into the start step to make these changes.
- Editing the content of each touchpoint, including the ability to add/remove auto text tokens and placeholder fields. Click into each touchpoint to change your messages.
- Changing the sender of each of your touchpoints (please review this article to learn how to send messages on behalf of other Lever users). Click into an individual touchpoint to change which email account this message will be sent from.
- Editing wait steps, which define the timeframe between the last sent touchpoint and the next touchpoint. Click into each individual wait step to change its date and time.
- Adding additional touchpoints to your campaign in case you want to extend your campaign with more messages. Adding a touchpoint will also add a corresponding wait step before the new touchpoint.
- Editing your finish step and final action, which defines what action is performed on candidates if they are still in the campaign after a specified timeframe.
Once you are happy with how your campaign looks, click “Next Step” to move on to the Personalize step.
The second Personalize step allows you to edit auto-text tokens and fill in placeholder fields that were defined in your Nurture template.
The left side of the window will list out all tokens and placeholder fields that need to be entered. The right side of the window will display your touchpoint messages. As you enter the missing information on the left, this content will automatically replace the bracketed fields on the right.
- Text that is highlighted black on the right will reference the currently selected token field on the left.
- Text that is highlighted yellow on the right will reference token fields that are still missing content on the left.
- Text that is highlighted grey on the right will reference token fields that have already been filled in on the left
The Personalize step shows you the entire Nurture campaign one candidate at a time. Toggle between Previous and Next to see and edit Nurture campaigns for other candidates.
From the Personalize step, you can also continue to edit your campaign’s touchpoints and email senders. Click the edit icon of a specific touchpoint to change its messaging or who the email will be sent from.
You will not be able to move on to the final step unless all token fields are filled in. Once you have entered this information, click Review.
The third Review step is your opportunity to see your finished campaign and when each touchpoint will be sent to the candidates. You have one final chance to edit any messaging, sender, start step, wait step, and final step from this window. Toggle between Previous and Next to review the campaign for other candidates.
Upon clicking “Start Nurture,” your touchpoints will be scheduled to send at the times indicated from your campaign. The candidates will automatically move from “New Lead” to “Reached Out” once the first email from the campaign has been sent. The candidate profile will contain a message indicating that this person has been added to a Nurture campaign. Additionally, the email icon on the profile will be highlighted blue.
If the first touchpoint was scheduled to send immediately, it will appear as a completed story on the candidate’s profile. The next touchpoint to send will appear as a scheduled story on the profile.
If a candidate responds to a touchpoint before the campaign ends, the candidate will move to “Responded” and will be removed from the remaining campaign steps. If the candidate does not respond to any touchpoint and completes the finish step, he/she will follow the action indicated in the campaign’s final action step.
- You cannot edit a campaign after it has started. You will need to stop the campaign and restart from the very beginning.
- You can start a campaign for candidates in other stages. However, Lever’s intelligent pipeline (automatic stage progression to Reached Out and Responded) will only apply to candidates in New Lead.