|Available for||User roles||Super Admin, Admin, Team Member, Limited Team Member
Can only be configured by Super Admins
|Packages||All Lever packages
LeverTRM for Enterprise or Advanced Automation add-on for automation workflows
The Yardstik integration allows talent acquisition teams to seamlessly incorporate the Yardstik background check process directly into their Lever recruitment workflow. Just move your candidate to the 'Background Check' stage to easily kick off a Yardstik background check and receive results without ever leaving the Lever platform!
Readers of this article will learn about:
- Optimizing the Yardstik integration with automation workflows within Lever
- Disabling the Yardstik integration
Setting up the Yardstik integration
||You must have an access role of Super Admin in Lever in order to set up the integration. You must be a team or organization with admin rights in Yardstik to install this integration.|
Creating the 'Background Check' stage
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Pipeline and archive reasons
- Click on the Customize Pipeline Stages button in the top right corner
- Click + Add Stage
- Title the stage “Background Check”
- Click Add Stage
- Drag and drop the 'Background Check' stage to the desired place within your Lever pipeline
For more on this topic, refer to our help article on adding pipeline stages.
Creating the webhook
- In Lever, navigate to Settings > Integrations and API > Webhooks
- Ensure that the 'Candidate Stage Change' webhook is toggled on (green)
Authorizing the integration
- In Yardstik, navigate to Developer > Integrations > Lever
- On the Lever integration card, enable the integration by clicking on the toggle in the top right corner
- Click Authorize
- Log in with your Lever credentials
- Review the list of requested access permissions; click Accept
Once authorized and enabled, the integration will automatically configure the webhooks, set up the necessary custom fields, and sync your Yardstik account’s screening packages.
Using the Yardstik integration
After the integration has been properly enabled, your webhooks and background screening packages will be automatically set up and synced to Lever.
To use the Yardstik integration, create a job posting and add the desired Yardstik background check package as a tag.
When you’re ready to perform a background check on a candidate just move the candidate to the 'Background Check' stage of the pipeline. The candidate will receive an email invite from Yardstik to complete the selected background screen package.
Linking the Lever job posting to the Yardstik background check package
- In Lever, click Jobs in the top navigation area
- Click the + Add Job Posting button in the top right corner
- Enter the required job information and additional job details
- Add the Yardstik background check package as a tag
- Click on Add Tag at the bottom of the right panel
- Type “Yardstik” to display the available Yardstik Packages
- Select the Yardstik package you want associated with the job
Moving the candidate to the 'Background Check' stage
- In Lever, click Candidates in the top navigation area
- Select a candidate's opportunity
- Move the candidate's opportunity to the 'Background Check' stage
- Yardstik will send the candidate an email invitation to complete the assigned background screen package (see example of candidate email invitation below)
Viewing the background check results
As a Hiring Manager or Opportunity Owner you will see the applicant’s report status display as a tag in the applicant’s information. As an Admin or SuperAdmin you will see the report status tag as well as a link to the report added as a secure note.The report status tag will also show up on the list view of candidates and is available as a filter to narrow down your candidate list.
Common report statuses are:
For a full list of statuses and what they mean see refer to Yardstik's Report Status list.
Once a report has been completed, an additional tag (“ys- complete”) will be automatically added to the opportunity.
Typical completed statuses are:
- Final Adverse
Below is an example of an opportunity that has a completed background check.
Optimizing the Yardstik integration with automation workflows within Lever
The Automation Hub is available to customers with LeverTRM for Enterprise or the Advanced Automation add-on. If you would like access to this feature, contact Lever Support or your Lever Customer Success Manager for more information.
- In Lever, click More in the top navigation bar
- Select Automation
- Click the + New Workflow button
You can now configure the workflow so that, for example, when a “ys-clear” or “ys-proceed” status tag (which indicates that the candidate did not have any disqualifying results in their background check report) is added to an opportunity, the opportunity will automatically move out of the 'Background Check' stage, and into a different stage of your choosing.
Below is an example of an automation workflow for opportunities that have a background check report that contains disqualifying results, and would lead to a hiring manager rescinding the offer.
- When This Happens...: Tag added is ys-complete
- Continue If...: Opportunity tags is one of these ys-final_adverse
- Do This...: Change Stage to Rescind Offer
To learn more, refer to our help article on automation workflows.
Disabling the Yardstik integration
- Navigate to the Developer section
- Click on Integrations
- Click + on the Lever integration listing
- In the top right corner of the Lever integration card, flip the toggle to Off
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations and API
- Under the Authorized Apps tab, locate the 'Yardstik' app
- Click Revoke Access to disable the integration