|Available for||Roles||Super Admin|
|Permissions||• Access Visual Insights report builder (Data Explorer)|
|Packages||LeverTRM for Enterprise, Advanced Analytics add-on|
By using Data Explorer to incorporate custom offer fields into custom-built reports, you can highlight key compensation-related information to your organization. For more information on how custom offer fields are created and used, refer to our help article on creating and managing offer forms. Before diving in, get started with instructions on building custom reports in our help article on using Data Explorer.
Adding custom fields to reports
Super Admins using LeverTRM for Enterprise and/or Advanced Analytics can add custom offer fields as filters to reports in in Data Explorer.
- Navigate to Visual Insights > Data Explorer > Opportunities
- In the field menu, scroll down and click into the 'Offer fields by name' > "Choose offer custom fields" section
- Add the number of offer fields you want to add to your report by clicking the filter icons
In this example, we want to look at two sets of data, so we will add two offer fields: "Offer field 01" and "Offer field 02".
The fields will be added to the top of the page in the 'Filters' section. Next we need to define the dimension by which we want to filter.
- In the filters editor, choose the dynamic field you wish to see from the dropdown menu.
In this example, Offer field 1 is looking at "salary_amount" and Offer field 2 is looking at "custom_start_date".
- In the field menu, scroll to 'Dimension' (still under the 'Offer fields by name' header) and expand the 'Offer custom fields value' fields
- Select the offer fields that you wish to see displayed in the report
In this example, consider a scenario in which you wan to see results for Offer field 1 and Offer field 2 (previously added as filters). Select "Offer field 01 value (dynamic)" and "Offer field 02 (dynamic)" to add these fields in the 'Data' section of the report builder.
- Click the blue Run button
The results will return the data in the table.
Using different data types for custom fields
There are a total of three different data type options available: value (see examples above), date, and number. Each data type displays in a different format.
- In the left-hand menu, open the "Offer fields special" section
- Click the value fields you wish to add to the table
In our example, the value data type, "Offer field 01 value (dynamic)", returned the full salary amount with ten decimal places. Selecting the same field, as a number data type,"Offer field 01 number (dynamic)", returns the same number with just two decimal places.
Similarly, the value data type, "Offer field 02 value (dynamic)" returned the full date including the time. The date data type for this field, "Offer field 02 date (dynamic)", returns just the date with year-month-day. Both formats are accurate, but you may have a preference for how you like the data displayed in your report.
Null (Ø) Returns
If the type of data does not apply to the value you are looking at, the chart will return null (Ø).
In this example, "Offer field 01 date (dynamic)" returns null in the results, because salary information cannot be shown in date form. To solve this, remove the column and and choose a different data type.
Identifying the data type best-suited for your report
If you are not sure which type of data you are working with, choose the "type" option, which will return the type of data you should use.
- From the "Offer custom fields special" section, choose the "type" option
In this example, "Offer field 02 type (dynamic)" returns "date", indicating that the date data type should be used for this field.